Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sorry

Hey everyone. So I haven't posted in this blog for nigh on two months now. I have a whole bunch of excuses why I didn't, but none of them are good enough. I want to apologize to everyone who has been missing out on my exchange because of this, expecially my rotary club back home, I have been somewhat of a bad exchange student, you guys sent me here and at the very least I can keep you informed of how I am doing. From now on I will be trying a different method of keeping this blog updated. Instead of doing it at the end of every week I am going to post as much as I feel I need to. A problem I was having is recalling everything I wanted to say, so maybe if I post while the event is still fresh in my mind I will have more success. One thing that I want to address first of all is my last post. A lot of you may be thinking that my exchange is going horribly and such but in reality I having the time of my life. Suffice to say, the last two months have been absolutely amazing. A trip to Norway was the highlight of this part of my exchange, climbing mountains, enjoying traditional Norwegian food, RELAXING (oh so important).

My issues with the language are starting to dissolve daily. I am feeling more and more confident in my ability to speak and understand Danish. Really this is a huge weight off my shoulders, in a year without many cares or responsibilites the few ones you have tend to become a tad overbearing. A big contribution to this is my visits to a language school twice a week, the learning atmosphere is a huge help. The people attending are there to LEARN, trying to learn Danish in my regular school or at home just is not the same.

I have succesfully moved to my second family and if the first was great, the second is absolutely amazing. I know this may seem like a bit of snub to my first family, I'm not trying to convey that at all. This family I am with now is way more my style, for lack of a better word. I'm sure that a big part of why this family feels better is my growing experience of exchange, but these people are amazing, they make it really hard for me to be sad. :D Don't let this go to your head Kristian (current host dad), I know your reading this.

A couple things that I am looking forward to are the possibilities of starting to play ice hockey again, a couple parties my friends are throwing and maybe a trip to Copenhagen at some point. So life is really, really, really good.

For the record, Supernatural is by far the best show I have ever seen, a friend loaned me the seasons and I have been watching faaaaar too much of it, but it is soooo addicting, definetly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Hell, I am having the time of my life here, did anyone expect any differently?

Sincerely, Horrible Exchange Student Brett Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment